Tuesday, February 12, 2013

My (current) favourite verse(s) in the Bible

I am still a baby in Christ (not even a year old!), so I am not vast in the scriptures as I would like to be; but I read an interview in TIME November last year, where a Christian author, Anne Lamott, was interviewed and she mentioned her favourite passage, I quickly picked up my Bible, read ... it made sense, but it didn't sink in till a couple of days later when I decided to look at it one more time. And to God be all the glory, that moment - reading this particular passage - encompassed my feeling of how I should conduct myself in His presence (which is at all times). If you are unfamiliar with it, take a second look at it, and maybe you will see exactly what I saw in it.


Philippians 4: 4-7 (New International Version)

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.



Philippians 4: 4-7 (King James Version)

4 Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.

5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.

6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.


May the peace of God be with you, always! 
:)

2 comments:

  1. I am only 6 months old in Christ and I understand. It takes awhile to learn scripture. I read through the New Testament and then went back to the Old Testament and am now in Exodus. The Old Testament is a harder read I think. This is a great passage though, and so true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? I am not through with the either Testaments; I simply just take them by chapters (or do we call them books?) and I can gladly say that when you get to Psalms & Proverbs, take your time, because those two books are quite phenomenal!

    Thanks for your comment though, stay blessed.

    ReplyDelete